This is the official accessibility statement for the Village of Ashcroft Web site. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Many links have title attributes which describe the link in greater detail, unless the text of the link already fully describes the target.
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- Most content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes. Purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- This site provides font resizing functionality for most content within the site.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support stylesheets at all, the content of each page is still readable.
- The site is designed for users with a minimum of 1024 x 768 screen resolution.
- The site is built with standards compliant HTML.
- Where possible we have attempted to use semantically correct markup to improve page structure and information context.
- The site is optimized for the following web browsers: Internet Explorer 7.0+, Firefox 2.0+, and Safari 3.0+ and Camino 1.66+. Where possible we have made the site compatible with Internet Explorer 6.0. Upgrading your Internet Explorer browser to version 7.0 or 8.0 is free from Microsoft.
Note: depending on your operating system, you may not be able to upgrade Internet Explorer prior to upgrading your Windows Operating System.
Software You Might Need
Some documents on this website are available in a PDF and Microsoft Office formats. Adobe Acrobat or Microsoft Office is needed to open these files. Acrobat is available to download at no charge from Adobe
. The download itself may be quite large for some (between 8MB to 16MB) so check to see if it is already available on your computer.
PDF files can be very accessible to readers with visual or physical disabilities. Adobe provides an excellent guide to using PDF documents.